blablabla


3/24/2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: Story in 8, Part 1




The ringing of the phone took her by surprise, the person calling, however, didn't.
"You still there?" he snorted.
She looked across the room, the black handbag was yet to be zipped.
Like a signal from above, the ceiling light cast a spotlight on it, and the item she had put in last.
She would need both her hands to use it.
"Will you ever leave me?" he slurred, when the tavern row in the background died down for a moment, "or is it like that last time, when I had to come pick you up from the station,
remember that?"
Her hand choked the phone.
"Honey," she said, "I could never leave you."

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to another Sunday with WeWriWa and beautiful 8 sentence snippets. This week, I want to try something entirely different, it's an experiment. This is an attempt at telling a whole story in 8 sentences. Did I succeed? Please don't hold back, hit me with your comments and feedback! Happy Sunday everyone! :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow--good tension, Dana. What IS that last item she put in her purse?? Interesting eight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure worked for me! I really admire people who can produce riveting short pieces of fiction. I can't do short if my life depends on it! I know you probably used "creative punctuation" to fit the restriction & once that's adjusted this will be even better. I love "her hand choked the phone" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great! Of course, there are so many unanswered questions, now and I too loved the hand choking the phone. Can just picture that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there are just so many questions even though you painted the scene so very vividly. Terrific 8!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me thinks she exaggerates the truth, or at least twists it? Well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if she's planning for him to "leave" first... I'm wondering about what that last item is too. I'm thinking a gun, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete