blablabla


2/09/2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: Stalwart



Yay, it's WeWriWa, week #2. I'm glad you could join us. What I have here, is another excerpt from Anoethau, fast forwarding from where we left off last week, to introduce one of the other major players, and yes, before you ask, this all goes down in a public toilet. So please, have a ball today, writers, readers, and don't forget to visit us on our website every now and again, for there might be interesting stuff happening besides sign-up..like this week's prize..I mean, have you seen the size of it??! :)



Cabby moved forward towards the grime-stained urinal. Another small step, and another. He snarled. The little bell at his collar rang in that same high-pitched frequency Artie had heard once before. He drew the sword. The shadows crept closer and closer, but Cabby held his ground. He anchored his paws into the floor. As a warrior would do, Artie realized, and mirrored the dog's stance on his own two feet as best he could.


                                                            http://www.wewriwa.com/

25 comments:

  1. Two feet against four paws doesn't sound a fair fight :) I'm intrigued to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, four paws can be quite powerful - although I must say my dog-paw experience is limited - what I do know however is cat paws, and lots and lots of them! :) Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting! Showdown in a public washroom. Looking forward to further instalments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I thought you might like it, you being a dog enthusiast ! :))

      Delete
  3. Great imagery ~ can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, thank you for stopping by--I'm at the hospital right now....waiting...and mor waiting..yikes!! I''ll visit all of your blogs later, promised :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dana, so sorry. I'll be following you as well as your story. I'm hoping that all is headed in a good direction.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for asking Red Wing Citizen, things will be better soon. My husband is well taken care of and his gall bladder will soon be a thing of the past! :)

      Delete
  5. Showdown in a urinal. that's a first :). Terrific. I'm very interested in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, talk about cliffhanger! Amazing tension building in only EIGHT sentences, so fun! Looking forward to more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, thank you A.J. that is such an enormous compliment! :)

      Delete
  7. Well this excerpt really grabs the attention and doesn't let go - well done! Can't wait to see what's next in this story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica, there will be more to come..next Sunday. :)

      Delete
  8. I would not want to go up against that dog! And I love the setting for this showdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, yes, he is one impressive dog. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm wondering about the role of the urinal? Certainly seems mystical and spiirtually connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeellll *rubbing my hands with delight* I don't know.. I think I may just have a "thing" for rooms with tiles and installations..Does that sound strange? :)

      Delete
  10. Fantastic, Dana! Cabby is not regular dog, is he?? You know I'll be back to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Reesie, you're absolutely right, he is not. Anoethau is loosely based on the Arthurian legend..there was a dog in the story named Cabal, he became Arthur's favorite hunting dog :) Glad you'll be back :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a dog with more than a dog's brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some magical powers, who wouldn't love a dog with that sort of talent. :)

      Delete