blablabla


5/15/2011

Head to Front, Mind to Sun

I need to write, I need to find the words, let them blend in to one organic whole, I need to not think about the right position of thoughts. I need to rediscover my child-like instincts, I want them to overtake my brain, puzzle out the images, and get them right the first time they take shape. I need to write more, think less, see and feel, not judge, have my own mind, watch the other way when it sets sail, along with my eyes and ears. I need to break out of looking backwards, head to front, mind to sun. I need to have my feelings hurt as I experience the drift of the ocean take me away from my beloved, I need to have my skin burnt as the fiery sun marks me as one of her own. I am tan. Not white. I live. I am not dead. Time moves side by side with me, not upfront, and I am not amazed by the puffy clouds dashing by, far beyond deck. They nearly burst. I am as fast as they are and I fly with them and the wind, giving bulky, ever-changing shapes to the sails of my boat. The waves crash against the sides, and the wooden planks creak. My bones remain silent. I am sailing away, to distant shores. I don’t know if I will ever come back. Say goodbye, as long as you still can.

 This is what happened when I listened to Helen Stellars IO (This Time Around)  






2 comments:

  1. Nice song, Daniela; I never before heard it. I loved your newest post, too. Your words are poetic...do you write poetry too?

    Have you begun your book, yet? The first step is to sit down and write that first sentence! Have you read, "Stephen King On Writing"? Non-fiction...and excellent advice for the new or aspiring writer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa :) Hmmm... I never thought about it As poetry, but maybe it is?! I'm trying different things and styles and sometimes I like to Write down the first thing that comes to mind- no editing :) Oh and I am looking forward to checking out your recommendation, There's no better source of improvement than writers on writing... on that note... check out Philip Pullman's docu on youtube.. it's a little odd and British but definately worth watching :) I'll post the first Part on Facebook :) Hugs, hugs and then some more hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete