blablabla


7/31/2012

Lucky 7 Meme - Consider Yourself Tagged

Last week I got tagged for the Lucky 7 meme by my dear friend Teresa Cypher, a wonderful writer and my beacon of light and guidance in the uncharted Land of Blogz - hop over to take a look at her Blog - you won't regret it. :)

So, as far as this challenge goes, here are the rules:

1. Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript.                       
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next seven lines or sentences as they are – no cheating.
4. Tag 7 other authors.*


*If this tagging works anything like a droplet infection, everyone I know should be tagged by now. So, I want to work the exclusion principle instead. If you read this, and you haven't already been part of this challenge  - consider yourself tagged as of now!

My current WIP is titled Spellbloom.


She wanted to stop herself from staring, but the exotic bronze complexion made it hard not to - and the one short glimpse of Indian red eyes made her head twist and turn after him like a magnet. The Indoviens actually looked the part of the Magi by nature, but Kaley was surprised to see so few people wearing the signature royal blue cloaks in the vast number of colorful garments. 

As soon as she reached the information booth, Kaley let her suitcase drop with a clumsy bang.
"Hi..hello..can you tell me where the Academy is?" 
The woman behind the glass looked at her with a bland face, then reached for the paper on top of the large pile neatly arranged in front of her. She put it through the small slit on the counter, a folded piece of paper, not larger than a notepad. "Is this supposed to be..?" a map, Kaley wanted to ask, but the previously mute woman didn't wait for her to finish. "Neeeeext," she yelled, at the person standing in line behind her.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Dana. Your descriptions are so good. Sounds like Kaley is being give the hustle--just process them through as quickly as possible, "Neeeeext" !

    I'm curious about the signature royal blue cloaks. :-)

    I think you were wise how you handled the tagging. I did the same thing with The Next Best Thing challenge. These are fun to do--but I'm never sure when tagging someone will be seen as a fun endeavor--or as a nuisance ;-)

    You did a wonderful job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, I'm glad you liked it. Yes, *sigh* - bureaucracy.. I was inspired by my own experiences at the registry office - first you have to wait for hours only to be met with a snub when you're finally the first one in line.
    Oh so cool you did the challenge as well, I'll stop by and read your post! :)

    ReplyDelete