blablabla


6/29/2012

Six-Sentence-Sunday 7/1


http://sixsunday.com/

Hello everyone to a shiny new Sunday, with a shiny new WIP. The good muse hit me last week and I started writing at once, and sort of couldn't stop. I'm still unsure as to I really have it in me to write Young-adult fiction, and that's what this is, but I am having a blast writing these characters, and I guess, in the end that's what is important. So let me present you with the first six sentences of The Days Adrift, Chapter 1 and the story about three girls at sea, on the run from the turmoil of war and crime, in particular one they committed themselves. So, let me hear it!

Check out the ==>Prologue on my Blog for a seamless transition (-really short read, more of a readlet)


Without Tams’s help we would never have made it to shore with this thing. It’s no simple task, carrying a bulky boat above the head, but luckily Tams has the muscle power of two of us, or one ox, as she likes to say. She swore a lot throughout, which made me think that both Brita and I are clearly worth less than half an ox. Tams is the one I am glad to have aboard; I’ve known her much longer than Brita. Brita's father and mine did business once or twice last year, that’s how I know her, but then again, not really. I haven’t seen her in a crisis. 




13 comments:

  1. Great introduction. Tams sounds like she knows how to handle herself, and that's always a plus. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Tams is the perfect bodyguard. I'd like to have her around myself while wandering through dark back-alleys. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun six. I really like the clear, slightly self-deprecating voice your narrator has. As long as you like what you're writing, so will the rest of the world. I hope the muse stays by your side for a very long time to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very nice of you to say, Jess. You actually found the right word for it: self-deprecating! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this. Love that line about them being worth half an ox. Great character voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it, Joanne. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this story, already, Dana. I read this before the prologue. I wanted to get a fee for these six independent of the prologue. They intrigued me. After reading the prologue--all I can say is, "Wow!" :-) Great six!

    So glad the writing bug grabbed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over the moon to hear that. That's what we writing people dream of, the "hooking" thing happening. Thank you, for the words of encouragement, my friend. :)

      Delete
  5. Your writing cracks me up! I love your descriptions and smooth word choices. I'm a huge fan of your writing already. I'll be the first to tut the horn; you have it in you to write whatever strikes you. Your writing is that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, that's a big one! Mel, I'm not sure how to handle it, that kind of "tut". Thank you. :)

      Delete
  6. lol. obviously I cant spell toot. ;)thats what i get for typing faster than i think. ;)

    ReplyDelete