blablabla


7/06/2009

The art of writing

I am trying to write a bestseller. Now don't get me wrong i am a deeply humble person. The reason why i am referring to my book as a bestseller is because i am writing to make a living out of it. I want it to be popular. Critics don't have to like it as long as it sells. People do have to buy and like it though. But i don't do it for the fame, because i am not sure my fragile self will withstand the pressure of being praised as a great writer when i am obviously not. I am a bad writer. I don't even have the basic tools to write. But i still want to! A for effort!

This is what i want to do: i want to create a story that is well-written and full of good ideas. I have lots of ideas, but i don't know anything about writing them. I will try to write in a way that shamelessly copies my idols yet sounds smart and original.

Speaking of idols, i realize you don't know anything about them yet. So here they are, my most favourite writers in no particular order:

Philip Pullman
Ursula K. LeGuin
J.R.R. Tolkien
Piers Anthony
Lois McMaster Bujold
Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Patricia Highsmith
Paul Auster
Umberto Eco
Douglas Adams
Isaac Asimov
Erich Kästner
Jane Austen

Here are the writers i admire:
Trudi Canavan for getting rich
J.K. Rowling for getting even richer

No comments:

Post a Comment