blablabla


4/25/2010

...and Fire for all Things

 The Art and Thought of Heraclitus: An Edition of the Fragments with Translation and Commentary

There shall be light. Check.
Oh, hi there! Yes, it's me, the ONE! The world revolves around me, how could you forget? If I'm not there, thinking about you, you do not exist, remember?

Well, I guess we all know these very deluded feelings of grandeur. Admit it! It just doesn't fit in our through and through egotistical apeheads to think we are not the most important person on the planet.

Thoughts like: I control everything, I set things in motion that will change the world. Mostly we don't even think about it, we just assume it is like that anyhow. Sounds familiar?

If I eat that piece of pie the world will never be the same again!
And technically, that's true.

If I eat that piece of pie, its state of existence changes into something else. It feeds me, thus giving me a high level of energy. And it transforms into something brown and wonderful on the way out of my system, to be precise. But, nonetheless, its essence is still around.

There is no loss of energy. As are we not lost when we die.

Constantly in transition to becoming something else or as Heraclitus would say:
You cannot step twice into the same river.

So, I still have to say Goodbye to my bestest brain when I depart some day, but hopefully I will be at least a nice meal for a cadaver eating worm who will then dissolve and make way for a nice tree, which, of course, is some other configuration of the thing called me, covered in leaves.

The tree will be cut down by someone who turns it into firewood, so I will give warmth to a person in need, but hopefully not to some rich bastard, who uses up wood for funsies. But if so, at least I'm not there to witness it. Thank goodness, I won't be there to see that.

The Art and Thought of Heraclitus

No comments:

Post a Comment