blablabla


1/19/2013

Six Sentence Sunday: Black Frame





Good Sunday, Sixers, how are you all doing today? Sadly we've only one more Sunday to go until the official end of Six Sentence Sunday. I haven't been a part of SSS for very long, but I have met some amazing people over the last couple of months. Thank you for all the input and writerly advice. I really hope we all find a new home and purpose for that day. Sunday sans all the writing really is an annoying day, when you think about it. It's the coma before the week's storm. Anyways, today I'd like to share another excerpt from Mr. Peker Rue's Soul Shake, a short story I wrote about a year ago. I'll continue right where I left off the last time. You can find the whole story on Scribd.


"Good news!" the doctor said, looking up from the screen. 
He adjusted the position of his black-framed glasses. Fred noticed his slender hands as they touched the frame, and he envied him for a moment. 
"It's not your heart, Mr. Peker Rue." 
"Please, call me Fred, I insist." 
The doctor ignored the request once again.



Awww. Kitty sleeps in my bookshelf.

3 comments:

  1. What is it??? It's not his heart..then what is it?? Great dialogue. Good little hook. Well done, dearie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing excerpt which makes me want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana! I like this excerpt: Fred's personality comes through really well and you sustain the suspense in an understated way. Wonderful. Now I'm super curious about what's wrong with Fred!

    And kitty is awfully adorable, too :D

    ReplyDelete